Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gaia's Last Reckoning.

So, considering I tentatively announced I would be using this blog as a platform for some writing, I'm going to share a poem I wrote over a year ago for a school assignment. This is my personal homage to the bullshit that was 2012 Mayan calendar pandemonium.


Gaia's Last Reckoning
Some say we are promised a Revelation:
Towers that dared pierce the dome of heaven crumble at last
Greedy mountains of water wait to crest and swallow miles
Drowning sins, hatred, love
Rivers of fire snake remaining land
Life twisted into ash
Idolatrous cell phones and Apple emblems disintegrate
Failing to rescue their worshippers
There is no App against eternal destruction
Hurtling towards abominable oblivion
I do not believe a stone tablet’s time-worn scratches
Yet should they prove true
No one can outrun a falling sky
At least we will lie in good company

No comments:

Post a Comment