Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

I Feel Like I'm Writing a Dating Profile Here.

Why hello there, faceless Internet friends (or foes?)

The first post on a blog is always so needlessly nerve-wracking, it's as if there are high expectations set somewhere to deliver just the right amount of personal information without sounding like a bad memoir. And yet, hardly anyone will actually read it. I'll save that for the next entry.

I've created this blog just so I can write more and easily share it if I want to. Multiple people have told me "Hey, you should start a blog! I'd read it!" Thanks but no, you won't. I've had a blog before, and nobody ever took the time to visit it. In addition to a failed venture in blogging, I have a degree in English and I just want to write more. I write novels, short stories, poetry (when it's assigned in class...) but I've been slacking off. I'm currently getting secondary education teaching credentials, and if I expect my students to write, I need to, too.

(Also, I use a lot of parentheses.)

No comments:

Post a Comment